Friday, June 6, 2008

TRANSFORMERS 2 FULL TITLE REVEALED

Although Michael Bay has already issued the statement, or warning rather, that he was going to see to it that lies would be spread about the upcoming Transformers 2, it seems this news is no lie.

Hasbro has issued the report that the official title of the next movie is--



Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.




Oh Lord. I didn't like the first movie as it is, and this one is already off to a bad start....Which doesn't surprise me.


Now, it should be noted that there may be some significance to this title that fans may know. The former company DreamWave Productions once published Transformers funnybooks. In one of those series, they created a character simply referred to as 'the Fallen', and was tied to the very beginning of Cybertron, and the Transformers, in DW's TF universe. There is no word at this time if 'the Fallen' in the title refers to this character, or if it refers to...well, someone else.

I would guess it's probably not the Fallen from the DW funnybooks. Michael Bay seems pretty adamant he wants to do absolutely everything his own way, and doesn't really want to look to other TF sources for ideas or stories.

Maybe it refers to, for example....Starscream, maybe? Or Jazz? Yeah, maybe Jazz returns to get revenge. No, probably not....Or most likely it refers to Megatron.

But stay tuned. I recommend that you don't believe anything else about this movie that comes out. Treat everything as a rumor or just a lie, as that's what Bay wants to do; unless some news is officially confirmed by Hasbro or DreamWorks.

Sources: Hasbro.com
Wikipedia: The Fallen

Digg this

3 Comments:

Shin Lord said...

I didn't think they would add a subtitle to the sequel and would just stick with Transformers 2, like the Spider-Man series, but Revenge of the Fallen isn't worse than Attack of the Clones. The title suggest that the Decepticons will win this round, like the Empire did in Episode V, so perhaps a Transformers 3 is already in the works.

Transformers was the movie I enjoyed the most in 2007 and I can’t wait to see what ILM does with the new robots.

Shirow Wolf said...

I didn't think there would be a subtitle either....And well, I again point out what Micahel Bay said, that he would see to it that lies about this movie would be spread. But well, it seems that this much is not a lie. Auy...

Yeah, in all honesty, I did think about Attack of the Clones when I heard this title... ¬ ¬

And check this out: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080609k.php

I knew I would not be the only one to catch on to the Fallen thing. CHUD says they have a 'source' that says yes, it is true that 'the Fallen' refers to the character from the DW funnybooks.

So now I almost immediately believe that it's NOT true. First of all, sites like CHUD do deal in a lot of unconfirmed stuff. Secondly, I almost never trust anyone who says they have 'inside sources' about movies. Tch. I heard complete nonsense about Spider-Man 3 from 'inside sources' who 'confirmed' the information, for example...And also, there's what I also believe about Bay himself. He seems to really want to do things himself, and doesn't want other people to give him story ideas, so most likely, he's not using a character like that.

But we'll see.

I have no doubt the TFs themselves will look great, but well, it'll take more than that. I am not looking forward to this movie either, and I do think it will probably also be just...bad... -.-

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com