Monday, March 24, 2008

Game Commercials: Super Smash Bros.

In celebration of the US release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl I’ve gathered TV commercials from all three installments in the series.



This is hands down the best TV ad for any Nintendo game, in my opinion. It barely shows gameplay footage, but it doesn’t need to. The guys in suits are hilarious and the music fits perfectly with the violence.




I don’t even remember this commercial, but that’s probably because it’s so lame. There’s no fun or excitement here, just a guy looking like a dork. If you take away the brief gameplay video you are left with nothing that has to do with Smash Bros. What the hell?




I like the two Japanese guys, but I really wish Nintendo of America would bring back the guys in suits from the N64 days. Also, the guys playing Brawl with the Wii controllers and nunchuks are making fools out of themselves, because no one can play Smash Bros. with those.

Digg this

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That first one is just simply classic. Take THAT, Yoshi.

I wish Nintendo still made commercials like this.

Anonymous said...

Normally, characters come alive in the world of Smash Bros. to do battle, then turn back into trophies when defeated.Brawl is the next installment in the Smash Bros. series for the company's Wii console. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.