Monday, May 5, 2008

COMING NEVER: Silent But Deadly



See, I told you they all wouldn’t be the same thing over and over again. There’s no sitting in front of the computer in this one.

Anyway, I’m not making it a secret that I am not looking forward to the G.I. Joe movie. It...just looks and sounds awful. I’m certainly not convinced that Hollywood clown shoes will handle it right. I didn’t look forward to the Transformers film, and as I suspected, I found it pretty bad. I don’t think G.I. Joe will be any different. I intended to write an article about this later. The movie doesn’t open until about a year from now, so hey, I have plenty of time...

I’m sure Ray Park will make a decent Snake-Eyes. They probably just need him for his martial arts and acrobatic training. And since Snake-Eyes doesn’t talk, hey. Unless they decided to record over his voice again. But uh, let’s just hope that Snake-Eyes stays silent in this movie, too... And yeah, let’s hope he...looks taller in this movie.

I realize Storm Shadow doesn’t look like how he does in the movie, in this comic (I can no longer find the image of his appearance online. It seems all sites took them down). This comic was drawn before that image was released. Needless, his original, classic look is much better than how he will look in the movie. He basically looks like a rejected thug from The Matrix; probably one of the many working for the Merovingian. He’s got a white leather (or maybe latex?) coat and everything. And no mask. All the more reason this movie will be just plain not good.

I made a note of apology there to Ian McConville, who I stole Snake-Eyes’
pose from. I needed a good one, and I thought of something he did once. And his was also a chibi, so hey. I love his work, he’s just plain awesome. So, thank you, Ian, and erm... sorry.

Digg this

2 Comments:

Shin Lord said...

I was psyched to see Snake Eyes’ suit on the G.I. Joe movie, but after seeing Storm Shadow’s I wanted to cry. What where they thinking? How hard could it be to dress a guy in a white and red ninja suit? I know your comic’s point is Ray Park’s size, but man, Storm Shadow looks like shit in the movie.

Shirow Wolf said...

Yes, on both counts. :P

Maybe they thought Storm Shadow just wearing a gi would look too weird, seeing as how he's fighting alongside a terrorist organization, and goes into battle with them.

But uh, they honestly thought him looking like a reject from The Matrix is 'better'?? You see why I have no faith in this movie, or in Hollywood in general?