Thursday, November 15, 2007

Rambo is Back! Should we Hide?

Can you believe I’ve never watched a single Rambo movie, ever? Just bits and pieces when there was nothing else on TV. As a kid I managed to watch R-rated films like Predator and Aliens, but Rambo just didn’t interest me at all. All my friends had watched it and wanted to be like Rambo, but I wanted to be like Luke Skywalker, and still do.

When I heard Stallone was making another Rambo as well as another Rocky I honestly thought it was a joke. “Is he broke?”, I thought to myself, “What’s next, Judge Dredd II?” But when I finally watched Rocky Balboa, and really liked it, I thought that perhaps old Sylvester knew what he was doing. He’s letting us know what happened to those characters 20 years since we last saw them. They’re older, worn out, but still full of heart. Now suddenly I’m all excited about the next Rambo. I hope Stallone can impress me a second time.

Digg this

0 Comments: