Friday, November 9, 2007

Remember, Remember, the Great Games of November



It’s that time of the year when some of the best games are released for all game systems. That’s a good thing, as developers really need to work hard to make their games as cool as possible, bringing joy to many gamers worldwide. The problem with this is that sometimes there are too many good games released almost at the same time, and most gamers can't afford all this gaming goodness.

Take a look at the image above. The combined amount of money to get all of those games is over $300, and you would need at least a Wii, Xbox 360 and a super-powered PC. If you only had $60 to spend, which one would you choose? Most of them have already received high scores from reviewers, so quality is not an issue here.

Mass Effect: One of the best Star Wars games, if not the best, was Knights of the Old Republic for the original Xbox, and that same team is developing Mass Effect. Enough said. If you’re looking for a long and varied quest, this should be the one to buy.

Super Mario Galaxy: It’s Mario! That should be enough to get you excited. It has been called the best Mario game since Mario 64. It sports the best graphics I’ve seen for a Wii game. A second player can help you collect stars and shit. Tons of areas to explore, and stuff to find. Picking this game up should be a no-brainer. Do I smell "Game of the Year"?

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: I’ll go ahead and say it... I don’t like war games. *ducks for cover* I guess Halo is a war game, but it’s all fictional, as well as Resistance: Fall of Man. Those games I dig, but I don’t really care about the “realistic” World War games. So why did I list Call of Duty 4? First, it’s not about WWII, and second, it looks freaking awesome. I can’t believe I want a Call of Duty game!

Assassin’s Creed: Ubi Soft has made some very cool games, like Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, so I’ve always been looking forward to this project. The graphics look fantastic, and finding new ways of killing people is always fun, especially in crowded places full of security guards.

Crysis: The last game I played on a PC was Doom. Yes, Doom. Not Doom II, but regular Doom. I’m just not a PC game player. Having to upgrade my PC every two months to play a few games, then having to upgrade again is not my idea of fun. That said, Crysis looks sick, I mean, so f*^%# good that I can’t help but want to play it. There’s a 100% chance of PC gamers buying this game, but about 40% will get to enjoy all the glorious graphical features.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles: What I’ve seen so far looks awesome, with two-player co-op play, and you get to play as Albert Wesker. But it could be a huge pile of donkey poop if it’s too short, too easy, or has little replay value. Also, playing without the Wii Zapper would be less fun, so that’s even more money spent on just one game. I’ll have to wait for the reviews.

So, which will you buy?

Digg this

0 Comments: