Thursday, December 6, 2007

First Street Fighter IV Screenshot



The guys over at EGM magazine got a hand-on demonstration of Capcom’s Street Fighter IV. Wow, I never thought I’d be typing a “IV” after “Street Fighter”. They have released the first screenshot and a few details on the game. So far only Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Dhalsim will be returning, and no new fighters have been shown. The game will have 3D polygon graphics, as feared by hardcore fans, but will have 2D gameplay. Hmm, now where have I heard that before… *cough* Street Fighter EX *cough* There will be new special moves and game modes, but it’s all being kept secret for now.

I’m a huge Street Fighter fan, but I’m more than a little worried right now. That screenshot doesn’t do much for me. Why is Ryu so ugly? Maybe his bandana is too tight. And look at his feet! Has he been kicking concrete walls for fun? The art style I’ve seen so far of Ryu and Ken is very different than in past games. They look super bulky, almost fat, like M. Bison in the Alpha series. Still, it’s Street Fighter, and after 8 years since the release of SFIII 3rd Strike I am seriously hungry for some beatings.

Digg this

0 Comments: