Saturday, December 22, 2007

Game Commercials: Crash Bandicoot



The first Crash Bandicoot commercial had a guy in a Crash suit visiting the Nintendo building, showing off the game. It wasn't hilarious but it was so popular Sony decided to include the same guy in the Crash suit in all following PSone Crash commercials.




Crash Team Racing was an awesome game, perhaps the best mascot kart racing game behind Mario Kart, and its TV ad was just as good. The part with the old lady at the end is the best.




There were several Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped commercials, but as funny as they were they weren’t as funny as these outtakes. You had to be subscribed to the PlayStation Underground “CD magazine” to see them, but not anymore.

Digg this

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember these commercials. Ah, memories...

I tried to find some of the Pizza Hut Crash commercials, but couldn't find any.

Crash: "Bill's AFRAID to eat his stuffed crust pizza backwards!"

Bill: "I'm not afrai--"

Crash: "Ssh ssh sshh. Don't speak."

>3

Shin Lord said...

Pizza Hut Crash commericials? It sort of rings a bell, but not enough. Tell me more about those.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember what exactly it was anymore, but Pizza Hut had some kind of cross-promotion with Crash Bandicoot. They got the Crash mascot guy to appear in Pizza Hut commercials...promoting pizza. What this had to do with Crash escapes me. PH wasn't given away demos of a game or anything. There might have been a new Crash game at the time (probably Crash 3), but...why use Pizza Hut to help promote the game? The two...aren't related.

PH was also promoting their stuffed crust pizza, as I cited in my example, but it also has nothing to do with Crash. Those commercials were pretty much as silly as any of the Crash commercials. I like them. I just...can't find them online anywhere. :<

Shin Lord said...

I can't find the commercials either, but I did find this article on IGN about the Sony/Pizza Hut promotion: http://psx.ign.com/articles/065/065812p1.html

It turns out Pizza Hut did give away demos of Crash Bandicoot: Warped, as well as Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider III, and others, when you purchased a Stuff Crust pizza. I somehow missed that promotion, but got the demo disc anyway thanks to the PlayStation Underground CD magazine. Sweet!