Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cosplay: Resident Evil



Dressing up as soldiers doesn’t sound too hard, but having a face that looks like the character you’re cosplaying as is tough. This guy dressed as Chris Redfield looks pretty good in costume and his face looks close enough to Chris’ GameCube remake. The chick dressed like Jill Valentine also looks like the remake version, especially her eyes. Her costume could have been better but overall it’s pretty good.




When I saw Ada Wong for the first time in Resident Evil 2 I thought she was Asian, but she looks a lot less Asian in part 4. This Ada look-alike even made the butterfly pattern on her red dress for a very sexy imitation of the original. The dude playing Leon S. Kennedy is definitely the coolest-looking male Resident Evil cosplayer I’ve seen so far. He really does look like him.

Digg this

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, those are awesome. Yeah, that Jill really does have some resemblence to the Cubeslusive game; I was thinking the eyes, too.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that Ada is supposed to be Asian; Chinese, I assume. I...don't know why she looks less Chinese by RE4. :I Maybe she's Chinese-American? Aw well.

you found some great ones in this round.

Shin Lord said...

I don't think Ada's origin has ever been revealed. She's sort of a mystery. What exactly was she doing in Raccoon City during the events of RE2? How did she survive that fall at the end? And why was she working for Albert Wesker in RE4? So, maybe she's Asian American like you said. Who knows?

Street Fighter's Ryu is Japanese but doesn't look Japanese, at all. Capcom doesn't seem to care too much about race-specific facial features, except for Chun-Li who sometimes does look Chinese and the cast of the Onimusha games.