Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yoda and Darth Vader Invade Soul Calibur IV

Namco Bandai and Lucas Arts have shocked the video game world today with the announcement that Star Wars' Master Yoda and Darth Vader will be joining the cast of Soul Calibur IV. This would normally seem bizarre, but Soul Calibur II included Link, Spawn and Heihachi as playable characters, so anything goes these days. Although I can't say I'm completely surprised, I can say, however, that I didn't see this coming.

Unfortunately we won't be able to pit the light side of the Force against the dark side because each character will be exclusive to one particular console. The Xbox 360 gets the little green Jedi Master and the PlayStation 3 gets the Dark Lord of the Sith. It's both awesome and sucks space balls at the same time. Namco sure knows how to make hardcore gamers spend extra money on their games.





Be sure to head over to http://www.soulcalibur.com/ to watch the high resolution trailer directly from the CES '08 event.

Digg this

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know each one was an exclusive to a different console at first, but I should have suspected as much, given how they've handled other guest fighters.

I also find it kind of funny that Vader is on PS3. *snerk* Although, wouldn't it be more fitting if HE was on 360? 9__9

I...really hope they didn't decide this based on COLOR. Yoda is green; green is a 360 color (although not the machine itself); Vader dresses in black, the PS3 is black. I really hope it wasn't that cheesy.

Still....this is extremely nuts. It's cool, but....extremely nuts. I'm still haviing a hard time getting my mind around it.

Shin Lord said...

I also thought about the console color themes and can't think of any other reason not to have Vader on the Xbox 360. If I buy Soul Calibur IV it would be for the 360, but as much as I love Yoda I would rather play as Darth Vader. Neither of them fits the series, but at least Vader is not a midget. I'm still hoping for a code or something that unlocks each originally absent character on both consoles.